You need a powerful trading platform that provides you with a comprehensive range of tools and features to make informed trading decisions and execute trades at a fast rate.
One such trading platform is the Nest trading software in collaboration with Upstox which provides you with a plethora of advanced features to cater to your trading needs.
Nest is offered by various brokers like 5paisa, and Kotak securities as well.
Let’s discuss Nest trading software (Upstox) in detail, the features will be the same for using nest with other brokers as well.
Nest Trading Software Upstox Review
You can access real-time stock market data at very low latency, which means the stock prices keep on refreshing instantly. A faster refresh rate is essential for making quick trading decisions especially when the market is moving against your strategy.
Nest has a high-risk protection mechanism to avoid losses during a market crash. When there’s a big crash in the market and prices fall below or above 3% of the last traded price, then it will not execute the order.
Another useful feature is you can square off all your positions if you find any market crash or market going against your strategy. You have 3 options –
- All – Square off all the open positions
- Long – Square off all long positions
- Short – Square off all short positions
You can use a plugin to add advanced charting tools in Nest which include over 80 technical indicators and multiple chart types to help you analyze market trends and patterns. (By default Nest doesn’t offer charts). You can learn about reading candlestick charts in this guide along with important candlestick patterns you need to know to enhance your trading skills.
The only con of Nest trading software is that it’s a bit complex to understand and the learning curve is slightly high. So you need patience and persistence to excel in the software.
Key Features of Nest Trading Software
The Nest trading software offered by Upstox provides traders with a wide range of features, including:
- Risk Protection – Nest software by default execute placed orders if the market price is 3% above or below the last traded price. If the market crashes, your orders will not be executed to avoid any unforeseen loss.
- Multiple positions square off – You can square off long, short or all positions at the time of panic in the market in only 2-3 clicks.
- Semi-Auto Trading is algorithm-based trading available with the assistance of AmiBroker or Ninja Trader platforms.
- Real-time data – Stock prices are available and you can also export to Excel for further analysis
- Advanced charting tools – NEST provides over 80 technical indicators and multiple chart types to help you analyze market trends and patterns
- Shortcut keys- Use shortcut keys for quick navigation like pressing F1 to open the buy window and F2 for the Sell window.
- Free plugin feature – NEST Plus offers a free plugin for advanced charting
- SPAN Margin details – Check how much SPAN margin is available on a real-time basis
You can go through our list of best trading software in India where you’ll find options other than Nest available in the market.
How to Use Nest Trading Software
Using Nest trading software can be a bit overwhelming, especially for you being a novice trader. However, you can quickly master the software and make the most out of its features with regular learning and practice.
Here is a step-by-step guide to starting your Nest trading software
Step 1 – Install Nest Software on your PC or laptop
Step 2 – Run the NEST software
Step 3 – Click on the “Load From” box, select either the INI file or CFG file, and click on “Load”.
You should get an INI or CFG loaded successfully message
Step 4 – Click on Launch Nest Trader
Step 5 – Use a 6-digit Upstox account ID and password to launch the Nest trading platform
You can start trading in NEST software now which we’ll discuss in the next section.
How to Start Trading in Nest Software
Once you have successfully run the Nest software, now you can start trading in the Nest software. Let’s discuss the step-by-step of placing a buy and sell order in Nest.
Step 1 – Run the Nest Software and you will see a blank screen as shown below.
Step 2 – Create a watchlist by clicking on a (+) button at the bottom as shown below.
Step 3 – Add required stocks or assets to the watchlist by searching name in the asset search box and pressing Enter from the keyboard.
Step 4 – Placing a Buy order.
Select the scrip from the watchlist. You can press “F1” from the keyboard to initiate a buy order. A buy order window will pop up where you can fill in asset quantity, price, type of order, and other details and press enter.
Step 5 – Initiating a Sell order
Select the scrip from the watchlist. You can press “F2” from the keyboard to initiate a sell order. A Sell order window will be shown, where you can fill in asset quantity, price, type of order, and other details and press enter to place the order.
Q1. What is Upstox?
Upstox is an online brokerage firm based in India that offers trading and investment services in stocks, futures, options, currencies, and commodities. You can also invest in mutual funds and ETFs with Upstox.
The company was founded in 2011 and has quickly become one of the most popular online brokerage firms in India because of its discounted brokerage charges.
Q2. What is Nest trading software?
Nest trading software is a high-speed trading desktop software that provides traders with advanced features and tools for trading in financial markets. Nest trading software is used by various online brokerage firms in India, including 5paisa and Upstox.
Q3. What are the key features of Nest trading software offered by Upstox?
- Advanced charting tools for technical analysis
- Multiple order types for different trading strategies
- Real-time market data and news updates
- Customizable watchlists and alerts
- Trade from charts and directly from the market watch window
- Algorithmic trading strategies
Q4. Can I trade using Nest trading software on my mobile phone?
Yes, Upstox offers a mobile app that is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. The app provides traders with access to all the features and functionalities of Nest trading software on their mobile phones.
If you are looking for a robust, reliable and fast trading platform with advanced technical analysis features, you can go with Upstox Nest trading software.