If you want to take a pause from trading or for any reason you want to close your Zerodha account, you can do it in two ways –
Let’s discuss both ways in a step-by-step manner.
2 Ways to Close Zerodha Account
#1. How to Close Zerodha Account (Online)
- Visit Console and click on the Account tab
- Go to the Segment section
- Click on Close account.
- Mention the reason for account closure and click on Continue.
- You have to eSign the application. Click on eSign and then on Sign now.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions, enter your Aadhaar number and click Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP received on your Aadhaar linked mobile number and click Verify OTP.
It may take up to 72 working hours to get your account closed. You will receive an email of account closure once it is done by the Zerodha team.
You can check out the whole process in the short video below –
#2. How to Close Zerodha Account (Offline)
- Download the account closure form
- Print the form and fill it out carefully.
- Send the form to the address below –
153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase,
Opp. Clarence Public School,
Bengaluru – 560078
You can send the account closure form through the regular post, registered post, speed post, or even courier.
Your Zerodha account closure request will be processed within 5-7 working days. You’ll receive an email confirmation for your account closure request.
Before closing the account, do transfer your securities to another Demat account or sell it and withdraw the funds if any. Otherwise, you may get a rejection on your account closure request.