Alpha SAS Online is a trading platform offered by the SAS Online stock broker. It provides four types of platforms –
- Alpha Desktop
- Alpha Web
- Alpha Mobile App
- Alpha API for Algotrading
The platforms are known for their user-friendly interfaces, fast execution, and reliability. They offer features like real-time market data, customizable charting, multiple exchanges and segments support, and technical analysis tools.
However, it lacks research and advisory services, does not offer mutual fund investments, has a limited branch network, and has average customer service.
If you prefer a seamless trading experience, value speed, and reliability, and are comfortable with self-analysis, limited investing options, and average customer support, then Alpha SAS Online can be a good choice for you.
Let’s discuss Alpha SAS Online platforms in detail.
Top Alpha SAS Online Platforms
#1. Alpha Desktop
Alpha Desktop is a desktop application that provides you with a powerful and user-friendly desktop-based application. This platform offers a range of features and tools designed to enhance the trading experience.
One of the standout features of Alpha Desktop is its speed and reliability. You can enjoy quick updates on stock movements and place orders with ease. The platform offers speedy execution, giving you control and flexibility over their trades.
With Alpha Desktop, you have access to dynamic market-scanning tools, fully customizable charting, and lightning-fast trade execution. The platform supports multiple exchanges and segments, including Equity, F&O, Currency, and Commodity.
You can leverage more than 80 technical indicators and choose from 10 types of charts for in-depth technical analysis. Alpha Desktop allows you to trade directly from charts, offering the convenience of placing orders without switching screens.
You also can set scripted alerts and scanners to receive notifications based on specific criteria. The platform also offers predictive close prices for FnO (Futures and Options). You can also analyze other discount brokers from our list that offer discount brokerage on stock trading.
- Lightning-fast trade execution and real-time market updates.
- Dynamic market-scanning tools for identifying trading opportunities.
- Fully customizable charting options with 80+ technical indicators.
- Advanced order management capabilities, including various order types (Normal Buy/Sell, Cover Order, Bracket Order, AMO).
- Trade directly from charts with quick limit orders.
- Access to order history, trades, positions report, and account details.
- Scripted alerts and scanners for testing trading strategies.
- Access to public Expert Advisors for additional insights.
#2. Alpha Web
Alpha Web eliminates the need for downloading or installing any software, allowing you to trade directly through a web browser.
One of the notable features of Alpha Web is its user customization options. You can personalize various components of the platform according to their preferences, such as editing headers, functions, and colors. This flexibility enhances the trading experience and allows for a tailored workspace.
Alpha Web provides real-time quotes, enabling you to stay updated on market trends.
You can trade across multiple exchanges (NSE, BSE, and MCX) from a single window, making it convenient for a regular trader.
- Real-time quotes and market data for informed decision-making.
- Customizable components to personalize the platform to your preferences.
- Advanced charting features with a wide range of technical indicators.
- Market scanners and analysis tools for identifying trading opportunities.
- Trade across multiple exchanges and segments (NSE, BSE, MCX).
- View stock holdings, order history, trades, positions report, and advanced charting functions.
- User-friendly interface for intuitive navigation and ease of use.
#3. Alpha Mobile
Alpha Mobile App is a smartphone-based trading platform designed for traders on the go. You get a light, fast, and intuitive interface for trading in equity, commodity, currency, and derivative segments.
Alpha Mobile App supports various types of orders, including market, limit, stop-loss, cover, bracket, and after-market orders. You can easily modify and square off positions as needed.
You can create personalized market watchlists and utilize search suggestions for instrument names. Market screeners help identify hot stocks and volume shockers.
The app provides real-time charts with multi-timeframe conversion, technical indicators, and drawing tools for in-depth analysis. You can place orders in multiple segments, including NSE Cash, BSE Cash, NSE FO, NSE CDS, and MCX.
- Light, fast, and intuitive interface for seamless trading on the go.
- Higher intra-day leverage via cover orders and bracket orders.
- Facility to place aftermarket orders and receive notifications for order execution and price alerts.
- Position conversion and square-off options for effective risk management.
- Transfer funds directly to your SAS account through the app.
- Trade in multiple segments (NSE Cash, BSE Cash, NSE FO, NSE CDS, MCX).
- Real-time market data and personalized market watchlist.
- Real-time charts with technical indicators, drawing tools, and multi-timeframe conversion.
#4. Alpha API
Alpha API is an essential tool for traders interested in algorithmic trading.
Alpha API is designed to provide a personalized trading experience with innovative features. It is free of charge and you can leverage the API to integrate trading functionalities into your preferred interfaces or platforms.
Additionally, SAS Online offers the SAS API Bridge, which serves as a gateway to algorithmic trading via popular platforms like TradingView, Excel, MT4, Amibroker, and C#.
You can also perform paper trading to test your strategies using virtual money in a real-time environment before going live.
- Algo trading capabilities for automated trading signals.
- SAS API Bridge to access popular platforms like TradingView, Excel, MT4, Amibroker, and C#.
- Paper trading functionality to test trading strategies using virtual money in a real-time environment.
Alpha SAS Online Fees & Charges
#1. Account Opening Fee and AMC Charges
|Trading Account Opening Fee
|Rs 200 for equity
Rs 200 for commodity
|Demat Account Opening Fee
|Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)
#2. Brokerage charges
SAS Online has 3 plans to cater different needs of investors and traders as discussed below.
#1. Regular Plan
|0.1% or Rs 9 per trade (whichever is lower)
|0.01% or Rs 9 per trade (whichever is lower)
|Futures & Options
|Rs 9 per trade
|Rs 9 per trade
#2. Trading Plan
You get unlimited trades across all the segments but you have to pay a regular monthly fee as mentioned below.
|Rs 999 per month
|Rs 1999 per month
|Rs 499 per month
#3. Pro Plan
The SAS Online Pro plan is ideal for professional traders with high trading volumes. You get unlimited trades across all the segments but you have to pay a regular monthly fee of Rs 1999 per month and you get the below benefits.
- Unlimited trading at Zero brokerage across all segments except CDS and MCX.
- Earn 3.5% p.a. interest on lying cash in the trading account
- Trade unlimited against pledged collateral
- Free access to NEST trader software and Alpha APIs.
Pros & Cons of Alpha SAS Online
Pros of Alpha SAS Online
- Speed and Efficiency: Alpha SAS Online provides lightning-fast trade execution, real-time market updates, and quick order placement options, allowing you to capitalize on market opportunities promptly.
- Advanced Charting and Analysis: The platform offers a wide range of technical indicators, customizable charts, and drawing tools for in-depth market analysis. You can make informed decisions based on accurate data and identify potential trading setups.
- User-Friendly Interface: The intuitive and user-friendly interface of Alpha SAS Online ensures a seamless trading experience. You can navigate through various features and functions effortlessly, enhancing their overall efficiency.
- Multi-Platform Access: With Alpha SAS Online, you can access your accounts and trade on multiple platforms, including desktop, web, and mobile. This flexibility enables you to stay connected to the market and manage their trades conveniently.
- Real-Time Market Data: Alpha SAS Online provides real-time market data for stocks, contracts, and indices, allowing you to stay updated with market movements and make well-informed trading decisions.
Cons of Alpha SAS Online
- Lack of IPO and Mutual Fund Investment provisions
- Limited Branch Network
- No Support for NRI Clients
- Average Customer Service
- No Advisory or Research Reports
Effectiveness: How Does the Alpha SAS Online Perform?
The effectiveness of the Alpha SAS Online platform will depend on the individual trader’s needs, trading style, and comfort with the available features and support.
Alpha SAS Online can be an effective platform for traders who prefer a user-friendly interface, value speed, and rely more on technical analysis rather than relying heavily on research reports.
You may get the advantage of flat brokerage for your investments but, if your primary concern is investing in IPOs or mutual fund investments, then you should go for any other broker like Zerodha.
And if you require extensive research support, personalized advisory services, or a wider branch network for in-person assistance may need to explore other platforms or brokers that better meet their specific requirements.
You can check out our list of the best demat and trading accounts in India to make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No. But you have to pay account opening charges of Rs 200 for equity and Rs 200 for the demat account. A total of Rs 400.
Yes, Alpha SAS Online allows you to access your account from multiple devices simultaneously. You can use the desktop application, web platform, and mobile app to trade and manage your account.
No, Alpha SAS Online’s Alpha API is currently free of charge. The platform aims to enhance the ecosystem of API-based trading in India by providing a personalized trading experience with innovative features.
Yes, Alpha SAS Online allows trading across multiple exchanges. You can trade on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), and Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) from a single platform.
Yes, Alpha SAS Online provides real-time market data for stocks, contracts, and indices. This ensures that you have access to up-to-date information to make informed trading decisions.
Yes, Alpha SAS Online supports various types of orders, including market orders, limit orders, stop-loss orders, and more. You can choose the order type that suits your trading strategy and preferences.
Alpha SAS Online prioritizes the security of user information. They employ robust security measures and encryption protocols to safeguard personal and financial data. It is recommended to follow best practices for online security, such as using strong passwords and enabling two-factor authentication.
Yes, Alpha SAS Online provides several trading tools and features for technical analysis. These include advanced charting capabilities, a wide range of technical indicators, drawing tools, and market screeners. These tools can assist you in analyzing market trends and making informed trading decisions.
Yes, you can transfer funds to your Alpha SAS Online account through the mobile app. The app provides a convenient way to deposit funds into your trading account securely.